Story of the Week!

This weeks story comes to us from Wentzville, Missouri. The Hope Ministries, at First Baptist Church Wentzville, has an annual Secret Santa. This year was no different!! The story goes a little something like this....

One of the ladies on the "help needed" list asked for nothing more than some clothes for her son. The family who had the opportunity to help wanted to go above and beyond. They knew that the lady was in need of more than just clothes. Her car was in need of some dire attention. All four tires needed to be replaced, new break pads needed to be installed, and the heater was broken. The family wanted so badly to fix the car for her, but it was a bit out of budget. They visited the local tire shop and the manager heard their story and wanted to help himself. He offered to give the tires at cost and labor for free! Needless to say, the family had the opportunity to get all four tires for the car. Others who heard, collected enough to pay for brake pads, and the owner of the shop picked up the tab on fixing the heater.

What a story! Comment about what ya think! Get out there and ...defy the odds...

3 comments:

Jill Simpson said...

I think is a touching story. I think that if we get out there and help people, not only do you not realize what you have done in their life, but it can make a change in yours as well. The pastor of the church I go to now is all about changed lives, in fact its the logo that goes with the church name, they have started many things in the community to help out those in need. They have a thing called second Saturday and the second Saturday of every month they do something to help the community. It is a wonderful thing and it is awesome to see someones life changed because of something small or big that you have done!

Jill Falk said...

Matt, this is a great story! I can see why you are highly motivated to move forward with ...defying the odds..

I will do whatever I can to help you!

Anonymous said...

I was so motivated by your blog that I was moved to do something nice for someone just this past Sunday. I was eating lunch with my family at a popular restaraunt when a man came in by himself to eat lunch. It was SOOOO cold outside, I was curious why he would make it out on such a bad weather day to eat by himself... I felt compelled to pay for his lunch. I asked the waitress for his check and asked her to tell him Merry Christmas from a "friend". I felt really good after that....I may do it again... Just because! :)